Starting with Oracle Forms 12c, it is required to install RCU schemas into an Oracle Database. Without the RCU schemas, it will not be possible to start up the WebLogic servers. It is advised to have the RCU schemas configured to have the passwords to not expire, but if this is not possible due to security restrictions, you will need to remember to reset the password to what was configured when the schemas were installed. The RCU schemas are (the <PREFIX> is the prefix specified during the installation which goes in front of the schemas):
In the event that the above five schemas especially <PREFIX>_OPSS expires, if the Admin Server is started up, it will fail to start due to the error, “ORA-28001: password has expired”. If you reset the password for the five schemas to what was configured previously, the WebLogic server will start up normally.
However, if you either are required to change the password to something different or if you cannot remember the password which was used, you will need to follow these steps to change the RCU password and have the WebLogic domain recognize the new password:
- Set the new password for the RCU schemas mentioned above. Make sure the accounts are also unlocked. If the accounts are locked for any reason, you may need to contact a DBA to unlock the users.
- Example: alter user FORMS_OPSS identified by <new_password>;
- When the five schemas’ passwords are updated, you must run a commit to apply the changes: commit;
- The Admin Server will need to be started up. However, we will need to start it up in a different way to avoid it from crashing upon startup. Go to $ORACLE_HOME/oracle_common/common/bin and run wlst.sh (or wlst.cmd in Windows)
- In WLST, run the following (you must use forward slashes ‘/’ even for Windows): modifyBootStrapCredential(jpsConfigFile=’/u01/oracle/middleware/user_projects/domains/FormsDomain/config/fmwconfig/jps-config.xml’,username='<PREFIX>_OPSS’,password='<NEW_PASSWORD>’)
- NOTE: Your path to jps-config.xml within $DOMAIN_HOME/config/fmwconfig may be different than the example above. Please specify the full path without using environment variables.
- Exit WLST: exit()
- Start the Admin Server. Although you will still encounter errors regarding the data source, the Admin Server will start up.
- Log into the Admin Console.
- In the top-left corner of the Admin Console, click “Lock & Edit“.
- In the Domain Structure in the left frame of the Admin Console, go to Services –> Data Sources.
- Click on the first of four (assuming you have not configured additional data sources beyond the four which come with Forms 12c) data sources.
- Go to the Configuration tab and then the Connection Pool subtab.
- Type in the new schema password in the Password and Confirm Password fields.
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 9-13 for the remaining three data sources.
- In the top-left corner of the Admin Console, click “Activate Changes“.
- In the top-left corner of the Admin Console, click “View changes and restarts“.
- Click the Restart Checklist tab.
- Place check marks next to all four data sources, and click “Restart“.
- On the confirmation page, click “Yes“.
- The data sources will restart. They should be functional again in a few seconds.
After completing the steps above, you should be able to start up the remaining WebLogic servers as well as restart the Admin Server without encountering the errors again.
Source: Oracle Support Document ID 1682942.1