- Upgrade your PITSS.CON (all users) to version 16.2.2. Do not worry about the Version Control user as we will reinstall it again.
- Once all users are upgraded to PITSS.CON 16.2.2, install Version Control again.
- In the PITSS.CON 16.2.2 installer, go into the “script_install” folder and locate the script, user_grants.sql. Create a copy of the script and open it in Notepad.
- In the copied file, replace “&NEW_USER” with your Version Control user (e.g. “VC”). Save and close the file.
- Open up Command Prompt, and navigate to the folder with the updated script.
- Launch SQLPLUS with the MIG user and run the script.
- Log out of SQLPLUS and navigate to the “script_vc” folder located inside the “version_control” folder in the PITSS.CON setup folder.
- Log into SQLPLUS with the Version Control user and run the script “pitsscon.sql”.
- When asked to type in the setup folder path, type in the directory where Version Control was installed and press “Enter” (e.g. C:\pitsscon\vc).
- If you see the error, “ORA-02291: integrity constraint (MIG.SELF_REF) violated – parent key not found”, run the following SQL commands with the Version Control use
- INSERT INTO “MIG”.”PITSS_CON” (ID_TOOL, NAME_TOOL, DESC_TOOL, TYPE_TOOL, COLOR) VALUES (’80’, ‘Source Control’, ‘Application and Development Process Management’, ‘FOLDER’, ‘r56g120b184’);
- INSERT INTO “MIG”.”PITSS_CON” (ID_TOOL, NAME_TOOL, DESC_TOOL, TYPE_TOOL, PARENT_ID, FORM_ASOC, ICON) VALUES (‘8010’, ‘Source Control’, ‘Secure, version and track changes to application files and Oracle DB objects.’, ‘TOOL’, ’80’, ‘vers_control’, ‘vc_add_files_wb’);
- In the PITSS.CON database, query the MIG_PITSSCON_USERS table, and look up (and write down) the USER_ID attributes of all installed PITSS.CON users except for MIG.
- Return to your SQLPLUS session (as the Version Control user) and run the following command for each PITSS.CON user other than MIG. The <USER_ID> attribute should be the value of the attribute for the PITSS.CON user you are updating.
- Commit all changes: commit;
After making the above changes, the Source Control button should be available again in PITSS.CON.
NOTE: For Forms 12c, when you enter Source Control, and you notice that you are unable to log into your Source Control user other than Administrator, there might have been a corruption when upgrading previously to 16.1 or 16.2.1. A full reinstall of PITSS.CON including the MIG user may be required. Please contact PITSS Support at email@example.com for instructions on how to reinstall MIG and preserve your PITSS.CON license. This particular issue has currently not been seen when upgrading from PITSS.CON 15.4.2 or older to 16.2.2.