In order to run Oracle Forms with WebUtil, the Jacob DLL must be able to be written to the client’s file system. Depending on user permissions, you might receive possible errors when accessing a Forms application using WebUtil such as:
“WUC-19: Unable to write to local file C:\Program Files (x86\Java\jre6\bin\jacob.dll”
If that is the case, it is recommended to dedicate a directory to where users would have the right to download to. After creating the directory, you will need to do the following:
- Copy d2kwut60.dll, jacob.dll, and JNIsharedstubs.dll into the directory
- On the server where you are accessing the Forms application from, open webutil.cfg in a text editor
- Copy the line “#install.syslib.location.client.1=webutil/syslib” and paste it below. HINT: This line is in the middle of the document.
- Uncomment the line you pasted
- Replace webutil/syslib with the full path to the directory where the 3 dlls will be located in.
- Save all changes in webutil.cfg
After that, you should be able to log into your Forms application without a problem.