In certain versions of Oracle Forms, there have been freezing issues involving an Oracle Forms alert. If you are using your Forms application and your application crashes anytime you are clicking a button or doing an operation involving an ALERT, sending a MESSAGE, or clicking SUBMIT, you may be encountering an Oracle bug. In order to fix this bug, you will need to apply Oracle Patch (OPatch) 12433970 to fix the problem.
Steps to fix bug:
1. Download patch 12433970 from My Oracle Support. NOTE: Four patches will appear. Download the one involving your version of Oracle Forms whether it is 10g, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, or 11.1.2 (11gR2).
2. Extract the patch in a directory on your PC/server.
3. Shut down your WebLogic servers and OPMNCTL.
4. Open up command prompt (or your SSH terminal) and navigate to where you extracted the patch.
5. Inside the command prompt, set ORACLE_HOME to %MIDDLEWARE_HOME%\as_1 (Example: set ORACLE_HOME=C:\Oracle\Middleware\as_1) (in Unix, use: export ORACLE_HOME=$MIDDLEWARE_HOME/as_1)
6. Inside the command prompt, set PATH=%PATH%;%MW_HOME%\oracle_common\OPatch (in Unix, use: export PATH=$PATH:$MW_HOME/oracle_common/OPatch)
7. Run “opatch apply 12433970”. Press the ‘y’ key when asked if the system is ready for patching.
8. Start your WebLogic servers and OPMNCTL.
Forms should no longer freeze when using ALERT, MESSAGE, or SUBMIT.
NOTE: For 11gR1 Forms Installations (22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52), installing Forms Patchset 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 will resolve the issue as well.
NOTE: For 11gR2 Forms Installations (18.104.22.168), installing Forms Patchset 22.214.171.124 will resolve the issue as well.
Source: Oracle Support note 1171063.1