If none of your WebLogic servers start up automatically (assuming that Node Manager is supposed to automatically start up the servers) and when you try to use nmConnect with your domain name, weblogic username, and weblogic password to try to reconnect the servers, but you receive the following error:
WLSTException: Error occurred while performing nmConnect : Cannot connect to Node Manager. Access to domain ‘FormsDomain’ for user ‘weblogic’ denied
You may need to change the username and password Node Manager uses to connect. You can do this by the following steps:
1. Log into your Administration Console
2. Once logged in, click on the FormsDomain link on the left side of the screen.
3. Go to the Security tab. Make sure to click “Lock & Edit” first!
4. On the bottom, click on “Advanced”.
5. Change the username and password for Node Manager to match what you use to log into your WebLogic servers.
6. Save all changes and then click “Activate Changes”.
7. Shut down all WebLogic servers.
8. Now you should be able to successfully use nmConnect within WLST.
FYI: If any WebLogic server enters a “FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE” state during Node Manager testing, you may need to restart your computer/server before proceeding.