There is a bug in Forms 12c where the Forms application crashes with FRM-93652 errors when calling any forms where data from a record group is populated. Oracle has created a patch to fix this problem. These steps should be followed to fix this problem:
NOTE: This problem is currently only seen in Unix environments (Linux, Solaris, AIX, etc.). It has not been reported in Windows.
- Download Oracle Patch 21534616 from My Oracle Support. Make sure to download the version for your server’s OS. NOTE: The patch is technically an Oracle Database patch, version 188.8.131.52.0, but this will be used to patch the DB client which comes with the Forms 12c installation.
- Extract the patch in your server. Once it is extracted, navigate into the 21534616 folder.
- Make sure the following environment variables are set (this assumes the Oracle home is installed in /oracle/middleware/as_1 but it may be different for your environment)
- export ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/middleware/as_1
- export PATH=/oracle/middleware/as_1/bin:$PATH:/oracle/middleware/as_1/OPatch
- Run opatch prereq CheckConflictAgainstOHWithDetail -ph ./ to make sure there are no conflicts or errors.
- Shut down all instances inside the Forms 12c domain (all WebLogic servers, OHS, the standalone reports server, and Node Manager).
- Run opatch apply to install the patch.
- Make sure the Middleware Home is the Oracle Home for Forms 12c. If it is, type y to proceed.
- When it asks if the local system is ready for patching, type y and press Enter.
- You should receive a message that the patch was successfully applied. There will be some warnings, but you may ignore these warnings.
- Go to $ORACLE_HOME/forms/lib and run the following command:
- If you see the output shown in the following screenshot, the step was run successfully.
- Start up your Forms 12c environment.
- Recompile all forms, menus, and libraries.
After applying the steps above, you should no longer encounter FRM-93652 errors when opening up any 12c forms where data from a record group is populated.
NOTE: There is a possibility that you may encounter the error FRM-41337 in the same forms. If you do, you will need to apply another Oracle patch as indicated in https://pitss.com/us/2016/05/06/frm-41337-appears/.