After installing and configuring Oracle Forms and Reports 12c, if you try to launch either Reports Builder (rwbuilder.bat) or Reports Converter (rwconverter.bat), both located in %ORACLE_HOME%\bin, you will most likely encounter the following error:
“Windows cannot find ‘\bin\rwbuilder.exe'” or “Windows cannot find ‘\bin\rwconverter.exe'”
The reason for the error is because the values for the DOMAIN_HOME and COMPONENT_NAME need to be filled out in both batch files. You may fix the error by completing these steps:
- Go to %ORACLE_HOME%\bin and make backups of both rwbuilder.bat and rwconverter.bat.
- Open up rwbuilder.bat in a text editor (Notepad, Wordpad, etc.)
- Look for $$domain_home$$ and $$component_name$$. Replace $$domain_home$$ with the full path to your domain home (Example: C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\FormsDomain) and $$component_name$$ with the name of your ReportsToolsComponent (Example: reptools1).
- Immediately before the line with “set DOMAIN_HOME=…”, insert the line: set ORACLE_HOME=<PATH_TO_ORACLE_HOME> where <PATH_TO_ORACLE_HOME> is the fully-written path to your Forms 12c Oracle home.
- Save and close the file.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for rwconverter.bat.
This is how the file looks before the changes are made:
This is how the file should look after the changes are made:
After making the changes above, Reports Builder and Reports Converter should open up normally.