There is a bug in Forms/Reports 184.108.40.206.0 where reports generated into PDFs are not displayed correctly in AIX and Solaris (possibly even Windows 32-bit) environments. According to Oracle Support note 1522543.1, an Oracle Patch, 17903693, will need to be applied to the Forms/Reports environment.
NOTE: This patch is already included with Forms and Reports 220.127.116.11.0 for Windows 64-bit.
How to Apply the Patch:
- Download Patch 17903693 from My Oracle Support
- Extract the patch into your directory. As a reference, let’s call the extracted location PATCH_TOP.
- Shut down all WebLogic servers and instances (OPMN).
- Set the following environment variables (NOTE: MW_HOME is your Oracle Middleware home):
- Windows: set PATH=%PATH%;%MW_HOME%\oracle_common\OPatch
- Windows: set ORACLE_HOME=%MW_HOME%\Oracle_FRHome1
- Unix: export PATH=$PATH:$MW_HOME/oracle_common/OPatch
- Unix: export ORACLE_HOME=$MW_HOME/Oracle_FRHome1
- Go to the PATCH_TOP/17903693 directory (PATCH_TOP\17903693 in Windows)
- Run: opatch apply
- Type ‘y’ and press Enter when it asks if the system is ready for patching.
- When the patch is finished, start up the WebLogic servers and OPMN.
PDF reports should display correct after applying the steps above.
NOTE: Please review the README file before applying any Oracle patch!
Source: Oracle Support note 1522543.1