NOTE: This only applies when upgrading Forms and Reports from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124.
After a successful upgrade of Forms and Reports 11gR2 from 126.96.36.199 to 188.8.131.52, we successfully start up the WebLogic servers. Due to the REP-52262 bug in Forms 184.108.40.206, we apply the workaround as mentioned in https://pitss.com/us/2012/12/20/running-reports-in-formsreports-11-1-2-1-generates-rep-52262-with-default-settings/. After restarting the WLS_REPORTS server, if we try to run a report, we get errors such as “Error 500 – Internal Server Error”.
What we notice in %DOMAIN_HOME%\config\fmwconfig\servers\WLS_REPORTS\applications\reports_11.1.2\configuration, the rwnetwork.conf, rwserver.conf, and rwservlet.properties are backed up and replaced:
In the three updated configuration files, all directories and server names are replaced with environment variables. You can see the screenshot below as an example as taken from the automatically updated rwservlet.properties:
Steps to Reproduce:
- Upgrade Oracle WebLogic Server from 10.3.5 to 10.3.6
- Upgrade Oracle Forms and Reports 11gR2 from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168
- Start up the WebLogic Servers
- Apply the REP-52262 workaround based off our KB article at the beginning of this article
- Restart WLS_REPORTS
- Glitch happens here.
Fix: Due to these updates, nothing reports-related can run. To fix the problem, you can complete the following steps:
- Shut down WLS_REPORTS
- Delete rwnetwork.conf, rwserver.conf, and rwservlet.properties
- Rename the backups rwnetwork.conf.bak, rwserver.conf.bak, and rwservlet.properties.bak to rwnetwork.conf, rwserver.conf, and rwservlet.properties respectively.
- Start up WLS_REPORTS
After completing the above steps, you will be able to run reports without a problem.