Status Quo Analysis
Complete Analysis of Your Oracle Forms Application to the Smallest Details
What state is your application in?
Where do you want to go?
What possibilities do you have?
The Status Quo Analysis will help you make informed decisions for your Oracle Forms and Reports applications.
Improve Quality, Optimize Projects
Avoid Wrong Decisions
Many Oracle Forms applications are ten, fifteen, twenty years old or older. During this time, the technical and technological know-how has advanced within the applications. In many cases, an application was initially written by external developers and further developed internally. The development teams may have changed over the years. The documentation becomes outdated.┬áFigure out what state the application is in so you can make informed decisions about how to move forward.
- Can we leave everything the way it is?
- Do we want to upgrade our Forms?
- How can we develop it further?
- How do we migrate to ADF or APEX?
- What makes sense for the specific application?
- Do we have enough resources?
- Do we have enough money and time?
In order to answer these questions, a Status Quo Analysis is a prerequisite. It is the basis for all further analyzes, decisions and actions.
We perform a tool-supported analysis of your complete Oracle Forms and Reports applications down to the smallest details with PITSS.CON. Afterwards, we present the results and discuss the next steps with you. We provide all the important information about your Oracle Forms application, like the quantity structure, code allocation, program sizes, lines of code, lines of documentation, and a complexity analysis. You gain an initial assessment of your application and the amount of effort required for any development or modernizing projects. The Status Quo Analysis is the central starting point to improving quality, optimizing projcts, avoiding wrong decisions, preserving investments, and saving money and time.
The PITSS Status Quo Analysis
1. Preparation (Remote /┬áOn-Site)
Delivery of the source code.
Recording of all important information related to the application.
2. Analysis (Off-Site)
Loading and parsing of source code.
Creation of all dependencies in the PITSS.CON Repository, as well as creation of the following metrics for the entire application:
- Quantity Structure:┬áMetrics for all objects of an Oracle Forms application. This includes the number of database objects, forms, libraries, and reports as well as their included objects, such as windows, canvases, blocks, items, program units, etc.
- Lines of Code / Lines of Documentation:┬áGeneral overview of the distribution of code and the comments throughout the entire application, divided by database objects and application components, such as Forms and Reports.
- Program Sizes:┬áAverage values such as line length, number of lines, variables, arguments for each program unit, etc.
- Program Structure:┬áGeneral structure of the program untis under consideration of the program blocks, anonymous program blocks, and exception blocks.
- Code Distribution:┬áOverview of┬áthe state of the program logic (validation, navigation, etc.) and the business logic.
- Complexity Inspection:┬áCompilation of objects in relation to metrics listed above (i.e. how each object is used). General overview of the number of complex PUs evaluated according to the number of statements.
Preparation of the evaluation for presentation and documentation.
3. Presentation (On-Site)
- Evaluation and Preparation of the Results
- Summary and Presentation of the Status Quo Analysis
- Demonstration of the Procedure
What you get:
- Optimization Potential
- Detailed Documentation
Target Group: IT Managers, Project Manager, and Team Leaders
Duration:┬áOne Week or Less