Oracle Forms Reengineering Edition
PITSS.CON Application Engineering brings the business and technical advantages of a service-oriented architecture (SOA) to Oracle Forms applications
Want to open your Forms application to SOA?
PITSS.CON enables organizations to easily and efficiently open Oracle Forms applications to SOA by extracting PL/SQL business logic
Reduce 35% of module size and complexity for typical Forms & Reports applications
Exposing the stored business logic as Web-Services
Protect the investment in Oracle Forms, exporting module’s business logic to the database
Streamlines the application maintenance by separating the user interface, process, and logic
At A Glance
Ensuring complete investment protection, PITSS.CON enables organizations to easily and efficiently open Oracle Forms applications to SOA by extracting PL/SQL business logic. Prior to the extraction, the business logic (Forms PL/SQL code) will be analyzed and distinguished between user-interface, process and core logic in order to prepare a transition to a state of the art software architecture – i.e. the ADF model-view-controller (MVC) software architecture. With wizard-based tools and automatic generation of Web Services, PITSS.CON makes Oracle Forms code, business logic and data access layers SOA-compliant. Developers can automatically generate database packages and deploy them as Web Services. In addition, the unique repository based functionality finds any obsolete or unused objects, therefore reducing the complexity and freeing the legacy application of old burdens.
The latest release of Oracle Forms 11g demonstrates Oracle’s continued commitment to the Oracle Forms/Reports development platform and includes many new functional and technical enhancements. Moving to the latest version of Oracle Forms/Reports is an important step, even if you are planning a Forms Migration, so you can leverage your ongoing technology investment and prepare your application software architecture to embrace new Java based technologies (like Oracle’s Application Development Framework – ADF). Determining the correct modernization approach will help you balance the business value, cost, and timing for your modernization project. PITSS.CON enables you to upgrade any Oracle Forms and Reports application, independent of the starting version, 2.3, 3, 4.0, 4.5, 5, 6 ,6i, 9i or 10g, in only a few days. You may experience cost savings of up to 90% compared to a manual Forms migration approach. This is only one reason for Oracle to recommend PITSS.CON to their clients. PITSS.CON Migration removes the manual burden associated with upgrading to a new operating environment and to the only supported Forms version, 11g.
- Analysis of the application, its functionality and complexity
- Automatic generation of a current documentation
- Design and construction of the future architecture and application
- Graphic as logical support to the creation of new applications
- Architecture optimization – leaching and capsules of surfaces, programs and data objects
- Simplification of the application by identifying and removing unused and redundant objects, reduction of programs and complexity
- “Go” SOA by recording and exposure of real-time processes from the application (user stories)
- Scaling the business logic as Web services
- Designing the data access layer with wizard-based tools for enhanced connectivity and security
- Manufacture of transparency for the implementation of different security concepts